[ltp] T42 wireless (ndiswrapper)

Satish Balay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:49:16 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Josh Kuo wrote:

> After doing 'modprobe ndiswrapper', this is what I see in
> /var/log/messages:
>
> kernel: ndiswrapper version 0.4 loaded
>
> Thanks for the pointer to ipw2200/2100 project, but I am trying to avoid
> any kernel recompilation, since I need to do this on several machines
> and I don't want to be packaging my own kernel RPM.

You shouldn't have to recompile the kernel - to add extra kernel
modules.  At least that how things are with 2.6 kernel on Fedora

For eg: - with madwfi; the following compiles/installs the madwifi
driver for the currently running kernel for me..

get cvs
make
make install

[ And with fedora - precompiled kernel modules for ipw2200/2100 are
available from - http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/ipw2100/ ]

Satish