[ltp] Copying Files

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:48:06 +0000

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 04:38:43PM +0100, Chris Meidinger wrote:
> Because that's my position as well! Who needs backups*
> *(my t42p died on friday, and i could use a backup really badly.)

It must be the season, my dads computers hard disk died completely 2 weeks
ago. He han't been using the backup system I taught him to use... The hard
disk would not even spin up, vogon want 400 quid + vat to rescue the
data. Don't get me wrong, its pretty cheap for the work. I think it was an
important lesson for my dad to learn. Backups may take a bit of time, time
might be money, but frelled computers cost more!

James