[ltp] Valence Technology battery update: the replacement arrives, and runs.

Satish Balay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:02:44 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Michelle Klein-Hass wrote:

> Oh yeah...as far as the Lenovo news goes...this is a sad day for the
> IBM ThinkPad legacy. Even if I won the CA Lottery tomorrow, I
> wouldn't buy a new ThinkPad.

<snip>

> The ThinkPad might be dead, but ThinkPads live on, dammit!

For one - the current thinkpads (as in my T40) are already made in
China.

And 'IBM Thinkpads' will be available for another 5 years. So, we'll
have to see how things change - esp with new models that might come
up. (doesn't look like it will be a step [down] function)

Satish