[ltp] re:Please help with T40 and 2.6.8 on Debian

Martin Höfling linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:10:39 +0100

Am Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2004 16:36 schrieben Sie:
> Martin Höfling <martin.hoefling@gmx.de> writes:
> > Suspend to Ram is very high compared to APM. The advantage is that you
> > can use the Temp. Sensor. If you wanna try ACPI, be sure to upgrade
> > your BIOS and Controller Chip.
>
> Do you have a pointer to instructions for upgrading the BIOS?

Have a look at the IBM Homepage. The only way for me was to do it with WinXP
because I have no floppy.

> There is a chip you have to replace? Which chip is that? Did IBM do it
> under warranty?

No you don't have to replace the chip.

You have to update the Embedded controller first for newer bios versions.

All described on the ibm homepage.

Regards
  Martin