[ltp] Question on APM vs ACPI

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:32:13 +0100

--=-vou1NAeQtvB1WUJBFq1W

> I think throttling is something that can be done in addition to that:
>  http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/processor.html (bottom of page=
)
> But I don't understand it well, which is why I'm asking questions...

As far as i understood it so far, throttling sets a top limit to the
frequency scaling. I.E. if you have a 1.7GHz Pentium M it can scale its
frequency dynamically from 600MHz to 1700MHz. Now you can also enable
throttling to reduce the maximum frequency to lets say 1200Mhz (don't
know the exact values). Hence when you do this your processor can only
scale from 600MHz to 1200MHz.

Andr=E9.

--=-vou1NAeQtvB1WUJBFq1W

--=-vou1NAeQtvB1WUJBFq1W--