[ltp] IBM to sell its PC business

Patrick Huber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:19:05 +0100

Sounds familiar...

1 year warranty for my inspiron 4100. All the time, the mouse would
occasionally move withouth me doing anything. On the last day of this 1 year,
one key on the keyboard died and I got a new keyboard, mouse stick included -
mouse problems solved.

Another year later, one of the hinges broke. A friend with the same model had
the same hinge broken. We tried hard but dell refused to give us the required
parts to repair the hinge. That's when I finally decided to never buy a dell
again. I kept on working with the dell, with the hinge 'fixed' with a cable
zip. When the harddisk died (about the 2nd or 3rd time in that inspiron in
total) I had a look around and a few friends had (still have) a T20 and T30
so my decision was easy... T41p :-)

Currently, around 10% to 20% (really rough estimate by looking around the
classroom) are T40 or X40...