[ltp] Re: IBM to sells its PC buisness update

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:27:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Patrick Huber wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 08. Dezember 2004 18.45 schrieb Eben King:
> > On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Juergen Stuber wrote:
> >
> > > Jürgen
> >
> > Is your character-set inadequate, or is mine?  (For those who see it
> > correctly, I see A-tilde one-quarter in place of the u-umlaut.)

> Well, his mail's encoding is UTF-8 and yours is ISO-8859-1. Both contain the
> Umlaut characters so maybe your MUA did a faulty conversion.

Which is more standard?  From somewhere I get the impression (possibly
false) that UTF-8 is Redmondian.

> I see an umlaut in Jürgen's mail and the ü in your response...

CANCER:  The position of Jupiter says that you should spend the
rest of the week face down in the mud.  Try not to shove a roll of
duct tape up your nose when taking your driver's test.  -- Weird Al