[ltp] IBM to sells its PC buisness update

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:44:02 +0100

Dear friends,
of course I was just expressing my personal opinion on the interest of
this thread.

I guess I might want to explain better my thoughts in this hostile
language (English that is) :)

I work in IBM since 1986 and have proudly owned AT LEAST (hoping my
memory serves me well) the following IBM PCs (not counting workstation
and/or mainframes I work with of course):

IBM PC (one 5.25 floppy 640 RAM)
IBM PC XT (WOW my first HDD)
IBM PC AT (WOW my first 386)
.... memory jumping ....
Thinkpad 360
Thinkpad 390
Thinkpad 600
Thinkpad T21
Thinkpad T22
Thinkpad T30
Thinkpad T40

So believe me I do care A LOT for IBM's future and it's sweet line of
black gems :)

The reason for I tried to call for a reduction of this thread was just
because of the following thoughts:

1) My 18 years in the company thaught me that it is FAR BETTER to reason
on FACTS than speculate on rumours
2) Google will throw in the face of interested parties TONS of the latter
3) Have no doubts on the corporate image and legal considerations which
will ensure proper assistance to current owners

Of course just my two cents and I never think that people with different
ideas are always wrong :)

Happy reading to all,
Bob

PS I will personally filter this thread now.