[ltp] Re: IBM to sells its PC buisness update

Juergen Stuber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:16:09 +0100

Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> writes:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Juergen Stuber wrote:
>> Peter Stuge <stuge-linux-thinkpad@cdy.org> writes:
>> >
>> > Get a USB mouse with many buttons. :)
>>
>> Got that (MX-500), but what about one-button touchpad phobia?
>> (I really like my Thinkpad's three-button touchpad.)
>
> Not three buttons, but more than one:
>
> http://www.shopperwiz.com/shopdisplaydetail.asp?id=669379

Sure, but I was talking about the builtin touchpads in laptops,
and as far as I have seen all the Apple ones have one big button.
Apparently you can press some other keys to get at the other functions
that are normally provided by the middle and right button,
but I wonder how much that would mess up my habits.

>> Jürgen
>
> Is your character-set inadequate, or is mine?  (For those who see it
> correctly, I see A-tilde one-quarter in place of the u-umlaut.)

Yours :-)
This is the typical symptom when UTF-8 ü (C3 BC)
is displayed as Latin1 without proper conversion.
I recently switched my locale to UTF-8, so I know
it all too well. There are still pockets of resistance
(e.g. ctwm somehow wants a double UTF-8 encoding??),
but email is not one of them.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/

Looking for consulting and project work in Mozart/Oz, Linux kernel, USB