[ltp] kernel semi-newbie question

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:12:08 +0100

I am really getting CRAZY !!! Please help me.

I am doing EXACTLY the steps I have written down in my personal wiki page:

http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Debian/Kernel

which in summary is downloading and expanding a pristine 2.6.9 source
from kernels.org (checked with .sign), downloading the 2.6.10-rc2 patch
(need this to later apply the mm4 patch) and pathing the 2.6.9 with the
latter.

The patching goes on for a longish time and then I get the following
error which I absolutely do not understand and am not able to bypass.

Thank you for any help.

Bob

|config UID16
|       bool
|
|config RWSEM_GENERIC_SPINLOCK
|       bool
|
|config RWSEM_XCHGADD_ALGORITHM
|       bool
|       default y
|
|config GENERIC_ISA_DMA
|       bool
|       default y
|
|config GENERIC_IOMAP
|       bool
|       default n
|
|source "init/Kconfig"
|

|menu "System setup"
|
|choice
|       prompt "Alpha system type"
|       default ALPHA_GENERIC
|       ---help---
|         This is the system type of your hardware.  A "generic" kernel will
|         run on any supported Alpha system. However, if you configure a
|         kernel for your specific system, it will be faster and smaller.
|
|         To find out what type of Alpha system you have, you may want to
|         check out the Linux/Alpha FAQ, accessible on the WWW from
|         <http://www.alphalinux.org/>. In summary:
|
|         Alcor/Alpha-XLT     AS 600
|         Alpha-XL            XL-233, XL-266
|         AlphaBook1          Alpha laptop
|         Avanti              AS 200, AS 205, AS 250, AS 255, AS 300, AS 400
|         Cabriolet           AlphaPC64, AlphaPCI64
|         DP264               DP264
|         EB164               EB164 21164 evaluation board
|         EB64+               EB64+ 21064 evaluation board
|         EB66                EB66 21066 evaluation board
|         EB66+               EB66+ 21066 evaluation board
|         Jensen              DECpc 150, DEC 2000 model 300,
|         DEC 2000 model 500
|         LX164               AlphaPC164-LX
|         Lynx                AS 2100A
|         Miata               Personal Workstation 433a, 433au, 500a,
File to patch:

and here anything I do keeps on asking for files to patch.