[ltp] Lm-sensors on fc3

Mendel Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:25:33 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Bert Haskins wrote:

> Since installing fc3 on my 390x I now see :
> I thought that that problem was solved long ago.
> It doesn't appear to have damaged the 390
> But I'm concerned what might happen if I install this
> on either of my 770(X  or Z) machines.

I've got FC3 on a 770Z and get the same message when booting up. No
harm done.

If you look in the /lib/modules tree, you'll see that the lm_sensors
modules are missing. I guess that the FC3 installer autodetects a TP
and just doesn't install the sensors modules.

I think that the message comes from the startup scripts in /etc/rc.d,
where loading the sensors modules is one of the functions at bootup,
and it reports loading them even if they're disabled.