[ltp] External mouse problems

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:24:20 -0500

On Thursday 09 December 2004 15:01, after a long battle with technology,
Bob Alexander wrote:
> On top of the external USB mouse (800dpi optical 3button with
> scrollpoint IBM mouse) not scrolling windows in XFree, the other
> problem I have is that it does not survive the resume from a suspend
> to RAM under APM (Fn+F3).

XF86Config file entry for practically all USB mice:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "USBMice"  # don't change that from whatever it is
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2" # all USB mice use this
    Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice" # all USB mice use this
    Option      "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5" # important
    Option      "Buttons" "5" # modify this and ZAxis line if you
                              # have more than 5 buttons
EndSection

Modify your XF86Config or xorg.conf file, restart X, see if it works.

WRT the APM suspend-to-RAM, try rmmodding the hid and usb-uhci
(uhci-hcd) modules before suspend, then modprobing those modules on
resume.  Read the man page for apmd_proxy and edit your distro's
apmd_proxy script(s) to make that happen.  HTH,

--
   Seemingly ordinary humans transform into rage-fueled sarcasm
   dispensers.  I love it!  --Patrick Shaughnessy