[ltp] External mouse problems

Nathan Kurz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:25:45 -0700

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 09:01:51PM +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
> On top of the external USB mouse (800dpi optical 3button with
> scrollpoint IBM mouse) not scrolling windows in XFree, the other problem
> I have is that it does not survive the resume from a suspend to RAM
> under APM (Fn+F3). The keyboard integrated trackpoint luckily works fine.
>
> Any ideas on what to troubleshoot ?

I don't have direct experience with this, but based on reading it
seems like the USB modules must removed before suspend and put back in
afterwards.   You could try this by hand, and see if it helps.  Also,
the hibernate.sh script from http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de might
help.  It says it can be configured to work with APM as well.

--nate