How many Thinkpads? (Re: [ltp] Valence Technology battery update: the replacement arrives, and runs.)

Michael Z Daryabeygi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:59:47 -0500

Heiko Rosemann wrote:

>On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 01:08:18 -0500, Charles E Taylor IV
><tomalek@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

>>Is that too many?
>>

>No, I guess not... maybe a bit slow, but definitly not too many ;-) I
>bought my first ThinkPad about a year ago with the first money I
>earned myself (it's an X30) and I will be looking for a second X20 or
>something to serve as a web server with the small 40GB HDD currently
>in use by my X30... needs WLAN and LAN connector... we will see...
>
>Regards, Heiko

Why would you use a laptop as a server?
Why not just get one of those cute little square front boxes that hardly
take up any space.  You can attach a monitor to do setup but on a
regular basis you could leave the monitor.keyboard detached and remote
into the box from your laptop.
Just curious.