[ltp] External mouse problems

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:39:51 +0100

Matt Graham wrote:
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier  "USBMice"  # don't change that from whatever it is
>     Driver      "mouse"
>     Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2" # all USB mice use this
>     Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice" # all USB mice use this
>     Option      "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5" # important
>     Option      "Buttons" "5" # modify this and ZAxis line if you
>                               # have more than 5 buttons
> EndSection
>
> Modify your XF86Config or xorg.conf file, restart X, see if it works.
>
> WRT the APM suspend-to-RAM, try rmmodding the hid and usb-uhci
> (uhci-hcd) modules before suspend, then modprobing those modules on
> resume.  Read the man page for apmd_proxy and edit your distro's
> apmd_proxy script(s) to make that happen.  HTH,

Thank you Matt. Will try but the mouse config was already substantially
the same (I will only add the Buttons option).

Re the rmmod, here is the list of the modules when the external mouse
works and I have no hid module but usbhid,ehci_hcd and uhci_hcd:

Module                  Size  Used by
radeon                135524  2
ipt_state               1856  2
ip_conntrack           47028  1 ipt_state
iptable_filter          2880  1
ip_tables              18560  2 ipt_state,iptable_filter
ipv6                  259840  10
snd_intel8x0m          18888  1
usbhid                 25280  0
ehci_hcd               30020  0
uhci_hcd               33040  0
usbcore               119140  5 usbhid,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd
e1000                  86916  0
nls_iso8859_15          4544  1
ntfs                  103984  1
nls_iso8859_1           3968  1