[ltp] Re: How many Thinkpads? (Re: Valence Technology battery update: the replacement arrives, and runs.)

Ben Pfaff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:31:56 -0800

André Wyrwa <a.wyrwa@gmx.de> writes:

>> Why would you use a laptop as a server?
>
> Because it comes with a screen, it has a compact form factor, it is more
> quiet than most any even micro desktops (any ThinkPad i had so far is
> more quiet than my HP e-PC), it has a lot of useful stuff integrated
> already.

I'd also guess that a laptop uses less power than a normal
desktop or server too.
--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."