[ltp] T40: screen blanking also stops sound

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:25:48 +0100

hi,

the problem is well known, what you can do, is setup with your
tpb(thinkpad buttons) the Access IBM key to turn the display off.

You have to install: tpb and radeontool

the thinkpad buttons should run a script like this, I called it
toggle-screen.sh:
-------------------------------- CUT -------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
RADEONTOOL='/usr/bin/radeontool'
status=`$RADEONTOOL light|awk '/The radeon backlight looks / {print
$5}'`;

if [[ "$status" = "on" ]] ; then
$RADEONTOOL light off
elif [[ "$status" = "off" ]] ; then
$RADEONTOOL light on
fi

This should work for xorg, if this doesn't work for you, e-mail me your
output of this command:
root# radeontool light

and I'll change the awk stuff for you.

Greetz