[ltp] External mouse problems

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:56:04 +0100

Matt Graham wrote:
> WRT the APM suspend-to-RAM, try rmmodding the hid and usb-uhci
> (uhci-hcd) modules before suspend, then modprobing those modules on
> resume.  Read the man page for apmd_proxy and edit your distro's
> apmd_proxy script(s) to make that happen.  HTH,

Thanks to you and another couple of friends I have defeated the
usb-mouse-death-upon-apm-suspend syndrome.

With trial and error I discovered that I needed to unload THREE modules
for it to work and have also learned to tie the scripts to the APM
suspend and resume events under DEBIAN.

If anyone cares to see details (and maybe help me correcting the
horrible scripts) here they are:

http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Debian/apmd

Cheers.
Bob