How many Thinkpads? (Re: [ltp] Valence Technology battery update: the replacement arrives, and runs.)

pub@wigginghaus.de linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:38:41 +0000

On Saturday 11 December 2004 17:44, Eben King wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Winsley von Spee wrote:
> > >  ...who will have to pay electricity bills himself...
> >
> > You don't need an USV
>
>                     ^^^
>
> Is that something different than a UPS, or simply its acronym in Dutch or
> whatever?

It _is_ the German translation of UPS (= Uninterrutible Power Supply). In
German it translates to "Unterbrechungsfreie Stromversorgung" = USV.

I have no idea whatsoever what the Dutch call it! :-)

Greetings
Nils