[ltp] Recommended places to buy high capacity battery?

John Locke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:15:58 -0800

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 21:20 -0500, Eben King wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, John Locke wrote:
>
> > I'm interested in hearing comments about the quality of non-IBM batteries,
> > as well as with this vendor--or any other vendors you'd recommend. I saw
> > an earlier thread, but thought it was worth getting current opinions...
>
> Just bought one a few days ago for $102+S&H:
>
> http://www.pinnacletechnologyusa.com/product.asp?pf_id=08K8197
>
> No long-term report for that, obviously, but its box had an IBM sticker on
> it, and looked like the box mine (from IBM) came in.

Thanks for the pointers... just ordered from Pinnacle. New Egg was out
of stock...

I liked the web site and felt more comfortable with the Priority
Electronics merchant, and would've bought from them, except that that
ended up being $10 more for a non-IBM battery, and with your
recommendation and the positive reviews for this merchant, decided to go
with them in spite of their unreadable navigation...

Cheers,

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"