[ltp] programs take much too long to start

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:03:39 -0500

It's quite likely that you have an unmounted file system in your
PATH...I have had this problem in the past.  Do you have any SAMBA
shares or NFS shares that may not be mounted?  Or, it could be you
mounted a CD/DVD then unmounted it but left a console open
at /mnt/cdrom.
Check your PATH and try closing all consoles except the one you're
working on, and make sure it's at a valid location, like your home
directory.