[ltp] Dial Up, Dsl, & Wifi Connection

Cougar linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:49:31 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Ejnar Zacho Rath wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:11:43 -0500, SOTL <sotl155360@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Hi All
>
> > I understand that there is something called YaST->System->Profile Manager
> > which is suppose to allow one to accomplish what I need.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a procedure or "How To" that describes how to configure
> > the system using the Profile Manager and what packages need to be installed?
> You need the package called scpm.  It includes documentation as far as
> I remember.  The SuSE manuals have it described as well - if you have
> access to them.

You can use YaST to cofigure first profiles and see how they works. Later
you can easily switch to command line which is actually very easy to use.
Nice thing is that SuSE boot loader (grub) lets you easily select profile
before kernel boot (and it gives your last active profile as default). I
haven't played with 9.2 yet but 9.1

---
Cougar / http://wiki.version6.net/T42