[ltp] ACPI on less recent ThinkPads?

Meike Reichle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:02:33 +0100

Hi all

> Is anyone using ACPI successfully on
> * T20, T21, T23?
> * X20, X21?
> * A20?
> * 570(E), 600(E/X)?
> * 7xx?

I use acpi with an X20 but haven't done much testing yet. It's on my
(very long) x-mas holidays TODO list.

> And does it work with newer 2.4 kernels as well as with 2.6?

I found it to work even better. With the standard 2.4 Kernel (Debian,
Sarge, net isntall) when typing 'halt' the system would always halt but
you had to switch off the power yourself. I then updated to 2.6.8
(newest Kernel you can get and still keep the system 'testing') and it
worked immediately.

I'll test suspend to ram/disk when I get around to it. But I'll let you
know how things went. So far it only blacks the screen when not being
used for a while. But that could as well be a BIOS thing ...

so long,
Meike