[ltp] Cheap Thinkpads in Germany (Re: OT: thinkpads for students)

Fionn Behrens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:20:54 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 14.12.2004, 19:29 +0100 schrieb Niels Stargardt:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:57:03 +0100
> Hilmar Simon <simon.hilmar@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > a new and cheap address to buy ThinkPads is www.[spam censored].de, for
> > students. There's a prize competition too. Sorry, but we need a some
> > publicity O:-) .
>

> I think the really interesting news is that you sell IBM Thinkpads with dualboot!
> That's a nice feature. The prices are for my opinion too high. Last
> but not least I hate ebay for their excessive using of cookies. If you
> use ebay with mozilla and only session cookies it's really a pain.

I must agree. The prices are way too high. The same applies for another
Linux-Thinkpad-Education offer in Germany, "nofost.de".

Those "rebate" prices are easily beaten by regular shops like Helex
(business-laptops.de - they are nice AND they negotiate!),
notebooksandmore.net (4% off all prices for education) or even
notebooksbilliger.de.

Lastly, I don't like the thought that eBay could get lots-a-bucks,
especially not from students who could have saved another few dozen of
their precious Euros otherwise! IMHO that aint the method to realize
minimum offers!

Sorry for tainting, but I sort of dislike this way of self-promotion.

br,
	Fionn (bought a T42p from Helex in August for a VERY good price)
--
Software patents    -  not allowed in Europe | See whats going on:
Archiving Email     -  patented in Europe    | http://freepatents.org/