[ltp] Are there any problems with the t41p?

obi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:30:31 -0800

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 04:54:55PM +0100, Martin Man wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 04:10:24PM +0100, Steffen Dreise wrote:
> > Hi all, im new to the list ;)
>
> Good evening,
>
> > Are there any problems with the t41p and linux? Are all functions
> > working like acpi, asp, bluetooth and so on?
>
> As far as I'm concerned with my T41p, only IBM security chip and Active
> harrdrive protection are not working, everything else 100% stable (including
> suspend to ram and suspend to disk and acpi)

The security chip is supported (at least by kernel 2.6.8+). From my
kernel log:
ibmasm: IBM ASM Service Processor Driver version 0.4 loaded

Not that I'm using it, but it is recognized.

graziano