[ltp] HOWTO - acpid and ibm-acpi on a T42p

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:09:31 -0500

> Sorry but i have question. I just to have to do
> >> echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
> >> echo 0xffff > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
> >> after modprobe ibm_acpi
>
> and nothing else for all the time (even after rebooting?) or there is an
> other action to do ?
> Thanx a lot

I have added these three lines to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  I'm fairly
sure that the module doesn't auto load, but I never tried booting
without it.
As for the two "echo" lines, I don't know if the /proc/acpi/ibm/ files
get deleted and re-created during reboot or if they are persistent, so I
leave the echo lines in my rc.local too.  Maybe Borislav knows for
sure...