[ltp] Freezing T21 with Mandrake 9.0 to 10.0

martin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:24:38 +0200

I use knoppixSTD on my t21, had same problem.
adding
    	Option      "ShadowStatus"
to my XF86config-4 helped...
eg
Section "Device"
	### Available Driver options are:-
# sw_cursor is needed for some ati and radeon cards
        #Option     "sw_cursor"
        #Option     "hw_cursor"
        #Option     "NoAccel"
        #Option     "ShowCache"
        #Option     "ShadowFB"
        #Option     "UseFBDev"
        #Option     "Rotate"
	#Option	    "Backingstore"
    	Option      "ShadowStatus"
	Identifier  "Card0"
# The following line is auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxf86config
	Driver      "savage"
	VendorName  "S3"
	BoardName   "Savage/IX-MV"
#	BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

PS. backingstore should be good and it made couple of my GUI-programs happy but my X in general quite slow...
what's it for? anyone?

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:25:01 -0500
Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> kirjutas: