[ltp] IBM Thinkpad T23 (S3 SuperSavage IX/C SDR) & FS errors

TechWizard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:50:50 -0600 (CST)

I had SlackWare 10 installed, everything works great
except i could not setup Xorg with the SuperSavage driver,

I tried SuperSavage IX/C 64 with S3
        SuperSavage IX/C 64 with Savage
        SuperSavage IX* with S3
        SuperSavage IX* 64 with Savage
        SuperSavage4 with Savage
        SuperSavage4 with S3

I can not find the proper setup
I googled the driver, and I found a Savage40 driver for XFree86 4
and the config file, but Slackware 10 is using xorg.

I decided to downgrade to SlackWare 9.1, the version with
XFree86 4, but i've been having filesystem problems.

ReiserFS cored dumped the setup program twice during packages installing
then i switched over ext3 advised by a friend. SlackWare Setup was able to
finish installing after using ext3, but soon as SlackWare 9.1 tries to
mount /dev/hda2 (Boot partition), it would  fail and have me type
in the root password for maintance mode.

When i try to tytpe in reboot command, i gotten this error.
EXT3-fs error (device ide0(3,2)) get_ext3_inode_loc: unable to read inode block
init: /dev/initctl: no such File or directory