[ltp] Re: suspend-to-disk (ACPI S3?)

Fionn Behrens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:15:01 +0100

On Sunday, 19.12.2004, 01:56 -0500 Eben King wrote:

> Dec 19 01:05:01 linux kernel: Restarting tasks... done
>
> The command exits, then the OS carries on as if nothing had happened.  What
> do I need to do to enable suspension on this machine?

There is probably something in your system that does not like S3. Most
probable candidates are Network- and WiFi drivers, pcmcia and sometimes
sound. Try to unload networking / wifi modules and / or disable pcmcia
cards ("cardctl eject") before going into S3.

br,
	Fionn
--
Software patents    -  not allowed in Europe | See whats going on:
Archiving Email     -  patented in Europe    | http://freepatents.org/