[ltp] Re: suspend-to-disk (ACPI S3?)

Brian P. Flaherty linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:29:24 -0500

Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> What about those, such as "ds", that say they're used four times, but don't
> say by whom?  How do I figure out what to stop/kill?

I'm pretty sure ds is part of pcmcia.  Rather than rmmod, I use
/etc/init.d/pcmcia stop.  (I'm running Debian.)

> I couldn't do "cardctl <anything>" until I temporarily re-modprobed
> yenta_socket.  I am running 2.6.x, so I shouldn't have to rmmod usbcore (I
> rmmoded other usb modules anyway, but it is still used by something and
> wouldn't leave).

Similarly, I'm using hotplug, so I use /etc/init.d/hotplug stop to
remove the usb stuff.  Some stuff hotplug stop removes.  The stuff it
doesn't I remove via rmmod (as you are).

> I still get the same result from swsusp.

Are you using swsusp in the kernel or the swsusp2 patch?  I'm using
the latter on an X31, so my experience may not be that relevant to
your's.

Brian