Thinkpad acpi buttons HOWTO (was Re: [ltp] IBM Thinkpad T23 with Kernel 2.6.8.1)

Joachim Schrod linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:58:05 +0100

T> Sorry for sounded useless....!
T> But I've been messing around with this laptop for 4 whole days.
T> Yes.. it P*sses me off when I get an insult like that.

T> You don't need a reason why i use this very old Alias.

morpheus wasn't rude and insulting, you were rude and he was right. He
was friendly, actually, he added the HOWTO. And it's *your* problem if
you're posting with the full name `TechWizard' but come around as a
clueless newbie who doesn't know the least bit of Netiquette, not
ours. Yes, `we don't need a reason', but it's our right to judge your
post and your behaviour on this list.

My advice: next time, don't spend 4 whole days `messing around'.
Instead, use Google, as advised, and come _earlier_ to this mailing
list with specific questions. Your mood might be better then, your
question might be more friendly then, with more information (e.g.,
what did you try before, where did you look for information, and what
did not work specifically) -- and the regulars on this list will be
able to help you better and on more friendly terms.

Regards,
	Joachim

--
Joachim		     The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the