[ltp] xorg + dri + X30

Sarvin Coachbuilder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:28:14 -0800

Once again I'm turning to this group for help. I'm trying to get dri
working with Xorg and can't seem to find the problem. I've read the dri
how-to found at Gentoo.org but that doesn't seem relevant to xorg only
xfree.  I'm currently running Gentoo and xorg on an IBM X30 laptop.

My kernel config looks like:
 CONFIG_DRM=y
# CONFIG_DRM_TDFX is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_GAMMA is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_R128 is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_RADEON is not set
CONFIG_DRM_I810=m
CONFIG_DRM_I830=m
# CONFIG_DRM_MGA is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_SIS is not set

after modprobe -l I found
/lib/modules/2.6.8.1/kernel/drivers/char/drm/i830.ko

In my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, if I use "i830" instead of "i810" in the
driver section of devices kdm refuses to start. I'm not sure what the
problem is or where to go from here. I have tried searching the mailing
list and did find:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2004-October/020829.html

but I'm not sure how that helps me.  Any help or advice would be greatly
appreciated.