[ltp] xorg + dri + X30

Nathan Kurz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:00:57 -0700

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 01:28:14PM -0800, Sarvin Coachbuilder wrote:
> Once again I'm turning to this group for help. I'm trying to get dri
> working with Xorg and can't seem to find the problem. I've read the dri
> how-to found at Gentoo.org but that doesn't seem relevant to xorg only
> xfree.  I'm currently running Gentoo and xorg on an IBM X30 laptop.

I'm running Xorg on an X30 with 2.6.9, and think I have DRI running
fine.  So it is possible!  I can send you my config files privately if
you would like, although I don't have that laptop in front of me.

> after modprobe -l I found
> /lib/modules/2.6.8.1/kernel/drivers/char/drm/i830.ko

As the other responder stated, you also need agpart (and intel_agp).

> In my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, if I use "i830" instead of "i810" in the
> driver section of devices kdm refuses to start. I'm not sure what the
> problem is or where to go from here. I have tried searching the mailing
> list and did find:

i810 is what you want (or at least what I have).  In the "Module"
section, do you have 'Load "dri"' and 'Load "glx"' lines?  Any error
messages on start up of X?

Good luck!

--nate