[ltp] xorg + dri + X30

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:26:29 -0500

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:31:26 -0800, Sarvin Coachbuilder
<sarvinc@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:41:00 -0500, "Alex Deucher"
> <alexdeucher@gmail.com> said:
> > On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:28:14 -0800, Sarvin Coachbuilder
> >
> > you need to load agpgart and if on a 2.6. kernel, your agp chipset
> > driver, and then the intel drm; in your case i830.ko or i915.ko should
> > work as well.
> >
> I'm a little new to all of this. Is the module agpgart.o what you refer
> to as agpgart? If so where do I find that in the .config file of my
> kernel?
> In my kernel .config I already have:
> CONFIG_AGP=y
> CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
> CONFIG_DRM=y
> CONFIG_DRM_I810=m
> CONFIG_DRM_I830=m
>
> Which one is the agp chipset driver, and is there something else I'm
> missing here in the kernel?

agpgart is the device independant agp code.  agp-intel, agp-via,
agp-sis, etc. are the chipset specific agp drivers.  you need both of
them for agp support.  the drm provides kernel interface for the
graphics chip.  some examples are radeon, savage, i810, i830, i915,
tdfx, etc.  For the DRI to work you need a drm and a working agp
setup: in your case you'd need agpgart, agp-intel, i830 modules.

Alex