[ltp] T22/DVD Mandrake Won't install

SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:08:01 -0500

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 04:54 am, Winsley von Spee wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 21.12.2004, 23:09 -0500 schrieb Dave:
> > I just got a new(well new for me) T22, just downloaded and burnt
> > Mandrake 10.1 DVD. I'm trying to install it on the T22, but After the
> > first boot screen from MDK, you can hit F1 or ENTER for Install. I hit
> > enter, and at about half way on the progress bar it stops. I quickly
> > tried a CD version of MDK 10.0 I had and that seems to work goes into
> > the install.
> >
> > Anyone have a idea as to what could be the problem? Oh and the MD5 is
> > right, I made sure of that before I went ahead and burnt the DVD
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Perhaps a problem with pcmcia or similar. Play with the bootoptions to
> find the problem.
>

> Greetz
To install Mandrake 10.1 from DVD or CD you MUST have coppied the additional
device drivers to a floppy and have that floppy in the floppy drive.
If you do not have a floppy drive then it probably would be best to choose
some other method of installation.
If you downloaded Mandrake 10.1 I have no idea where you get the auxiliary
device drivers off the CD or DVD.
There was considerable discussion on this on this BB archives approximately 1
or 2 months back with the final posting being mine describing in detail how I
accomplished this. I would repost except I might miss a few details not
having my notes with me.

Frank

PS: SuSE 9.2 installation is much easer than Mandrake 10.1.