[ltp] Re: suspend-to-disk (ACPI S3?)

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:23:15 -0500 (EST)

OK, I got and applied swsusp2 2.1.5 on my T40 running kernel 2.6.9.

1. 'hibernate' suspends and restores correctly from within X.  But the text
   consoles still get messed up (80x25-size text in 80x25 scrolling region
   on 80x50 screen, where only the upper half of each character shows).
   'reset' doesn't fix them.  I thought X was supposed to be the hard one...

2. How do I get the buttons (Fn-F12 etc) to do something?  tpb?  I'm using
   ibm_acpi 0.8, but just after I "echo 0xffff > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey" it
   reports that the mask is 0x09dc.  Is this normal?  None of buttons seem
   to do anything...  It would be really nice if the lid switch invoked
   swsusp too.

3. I've got enough swap space to have the memory image uncompressed.  Does
   anybody realize any speed gains by using lzf or gzip compression?  hdparm
   says my hard drive speed is about 20 MB/s, if that helps.

Are you confident that you appear to be professional in your electronic
communication?  Consider this: A: No
                               Q: Can I top post? from nick@xx.co.uk