[ltp] Re: suspend-to-disk (ACPI S3?)

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:45:37 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, André Wyrwa wrote:

> > 1. 'hibernate' suspends and restores correctly from within X.  But the
> >    text consoles still get messed up (80x25-size text in 80x25 scrolling
> >    region on 80x50 screen, where only the upper half of each character
> >    shows).  'reset' doesn't fix them.  I thought X was supposed to be
> >    the hard one ...
>
> What framebuffer driver are you using? Did you try plain VESA?

Framebuffer?  for text?  No idea... how do I check?  I've got, in the kernel
config under

Graphics support  --->

[*] Support for frame buffer devices
<M>   ATI Radeon display support
[*]     DDC/I2C for ATI Radeon support

and from there under

Console display driver support  --->

[*]   Video mode selection support
<M> Framebuffer Console support

> >    None of buttons seem to do anything...  It would be really nice if
> >    the lid switch invoked swsusp too.
>
> Did you install/configure your acpid correctly?

Apparently I don't have it.  "locate acpid" turns up emptyhanded.  Where
does one get it?

Two atoms are walking along.  Suddenly, one stops.  The other says,
"What's wrong?" "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"