[ltp] external monitor is blurred!

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:01:17 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Cougar wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, André Wyrwa wrote:
>
> > > * The analog monitor cable is poor (it's thinner than many I've seen
> > >   and may be unshielded or poorly shielded but it does have the
> > >   ferrous lumps at both ends).
> >
> > That sounds more likely. It is really important to use a good, shielded,
> > short-as-can-be monitor cable with a 1600x1200 TFT on VGA since the
> > display will have enough problems with the AD conversion even of a
> > perfect signal at this resolution. Maybe you can borrow a better one
> > from a friend and try with that.
>
> Only one remark. Ferrite beads doesn't make your picture better. They are
> necessary to suppress transfer of very high frequencies to the wire and
> therefore reduce EMI and RFI. Look at http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question352.htm

And by reducing external interference, make the S/N ratio higher, and if the
TFT monitor has an analog DAC, make the picture better, yes?

ARIES:  The look on your face will be priceless when you find that 40lb
watermelon in your colon.  Trade toothbrushes with an albino dwarf, then
give a hickey to Meryl Streep.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_