[ltp] X Fonts at different resolutions having problems

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 17:25:48 +0100

Eben King wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Bob Alexander wrote:
>

>>my T40 has a nice 1400x1050 screen and the fonts are looking very very
>>good under GNOME.
>

> Is yours some variant of the T40, or is mine a freak?  Mine only has a
> 1024x768 screen.
>

>>Section "Device"

>>         Driver          "ati"
>>EndSection
>

> Does that driver have an option for "number of pixels to antialias over"?
> Or maybe there's an option you can add, because the default setting is
> inappropriate for you?

Dear Eben,
first of all Happy XMas to you and yours.

T40 (but also T23 and T30) all came with at least two different screen
sizes. I like 1400x1050 since it gives me more "real estate".

My T40 is a 2373-92x (where X can at least be G or U).

Re the ati driver ... how can I discover if it has the options you talk
about and how to use them ?

Take care,
Bob