[ltp] t40 apm suspend --- strange problem

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 17:01:41 +0100

Until yesterday I proudly boasted that APM works fine on my T40 under 2.6.9.

Yesterday I left the machine in the suspended state overnight to measure
the power consumptions (13% of the high capacity battery in 14 hours).

Upon resuming, I could see the usual garbled screen with GNOME's top
bar, but instead of clearing up and returning to normal the system just
stayed there. Had to power off.

Further testing seems to indicate that if I suspend and a few minute
after resume, all works fine but if the machine stays suspended for
longer times the resume will be broken.

Any ideas ???

Happy Xmas to all.

Bob