[ltp] Re: t40 apm suspend --- strange problem

Frank Schmitt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:50:21 +0100

Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> writes:

> Until yesterday I proudly boasted that APM works fine on my T40 under 2.6.9.
>
> Yesterday I left the machine in the suspended state overnight to measure
> the power consumptions (13% of the high capacity battery in 14 hours).
>
> Upon resuming, I could see the usual garbled screen with GNOME's top
> bar, but instead of clearing up and returning to normal the system just
> stayed there. Had to power off.
>
> Further testing seems to indicate that if I suspend and a few minute
> after resume, all works fine but if the machine stays suspended for
> longer times the resume will be broken.
>
> Any ideas ???

You're running Fedora Core 3?

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough