[ltp] irda pilot-xfer with samsung sph-i500

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:39:37 +0200

--osDK9TLjxFScVI/L

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 12:33:44PM -0800, Dimitris Kogias wrote:
> I've been trying to run a pilot-xfer between my X31 and my PalmOS phone,=
=20
> a Samsung SPH-i500, using IRDA.  I've had no success so far.  Any=20
> help/hints from this or other PalmOS device users that have made it=20
> work, preferably over IRDA or even over USB, are very welcome.

I have hotsync working over USB, IrDA and Bluetooth between my T23 and
my Tungsten T.  USB is considerably faster than the other two.

> I run pilot-xfer -b <some dir> -p /dev/ircomm{0,1}, and pilot-xfer=20
> prints out its "Please press the HotSync button now" message.  I tap on=
=20
> the hotsync button on the palm device, but it gets stuck on the "trying=
=20
> to connec to to desktop over IR" phase.

/dev/ircomm0 works for me.

> irattach is running as:
> irattach /dev/ttyS1 -s
>=20
> The serial port is configured as:
> d@0x19:~$ sudo setserial /dev/ttyS1
> /dev/ttyS1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3

Try

  setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none port 0 irq 0

otherwise, AFAIU, the kernel's serial port driver will take the
resources and the IrDA driver won't work.  Or something.  I couldn't get
IrDA to work until I did setserial ... port 0 irq 0

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
Voodoo Programming:  Things programmers do that they know shouldn't work but
they try anyway, and which sometimes actually work, such as recompiling
everything.
-- Karl Lehenbauer

--osDK9TLjxFScVI/L

--osDK9TLjxFScVI/L--