OT! Re: [SOLVED but with a great loss] Re: [ltp] Partition table seems corrupted

ben linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:20:24 -0700

> I guess you post to one thread, and change the title to the other
  thread.

Probably varies by mailreader...  the obvious answer is to add a
MessageID from the other thread to the References: field of your
message, but Mutt doesn't seem to care when I do that...

In Mutt's representation of threads, each message can have only one
parent anyway.  The MUA could, I suppose, build a cross-reference
graph and somehow lump all connected components into one thread, but
I'm not quite sure what it would look like on screen...

Using Subject: for threading is a horrible hack, especially when you
have too many friends who use the subject "Hi!"

--
Ben Pearre          http://hebb.mit.edu/~ben       PGP: CFDA6CDA
          Free Music at http://hebb.mit.edu/FreeMusic