[ltp] New to the list, with a T42

Ben Damm linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:28:20 -0800

Hi everyone,

  I'm new to the list and just wanted to say hello.  Just before the
holidays my long-awaited IBM T42 arrived, and I've been tweaking it ever
since.  The Windows XP partition has been shrunk and Debian sarge is now
filling the space.  The ntfs resizer in the new debian installer worked
flawlessly.

The wireless (Intel 2200) is working very well, so mostly I'm still
working on fixing up power management; suspend to memory is very flaky.
This model is also equipped with the fingerprint scanner and although it
isn't required, it would be great to get it working.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday!
-Ben