[ltp] Caught in an APM versus ACPI deadlock. Please help.

T. Ivarsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:02:02 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Alexander" <bob@ngi.it>
>=20
> As opposed to APM under 2.6.9 which drained my T40 high capacity=20
> battery around 0.9% per hour, under ACPI and 2.6.10 the drain=20
> (measured only on one hour) has been UNACCEPTABLE (around 8%) !!!!

I believe this is a known problem and it was discussed on the list a couple=
 of weeks ago. AFAIK, there is no solution yet but bug-reports are filed. I=
t may be that some devices are not powering down the way they should when s=
uspending...

T.
--=20
http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.as=