[ltp] Slackware on T42?

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:00:47 +0100

Josh Battles wrote:
> Bob Alexander said:
>

>>2) Partition Magic. From times to times this program will unexpectedly
>>destroy your partitions (especially the ext2/3) while resizing. Be extra
>>cautious and backup before performing.
>

> Thanks for the tip, I didn't know this about partition magic.  Looks like it
> was a good idea to buy that spindle of CDs after all.
>
> - Josh

Josh,
if you check only a few days later I had to rebuild my T40 thinkpad
after PM had succesfully resized /var then /home then /tmp then /usr and
BOMBED on / !!!!!!!! Bastard :(

I am sure you know but beware on HOW you save data to CDs' ... if you
just use a burning program and burn the files/directories on the CDs,
their RIGHTS will most probably CHANGE (mostly becoming R/O) and in some
setting this can be a great nuisance !!!

HTH,
Bob