[SOLVED but with a great loss] Re: [ltp] Partition table seems corrupted

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:42:10 -0500 (EST)

> On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 01:29:15PM -0500, jcms wrote:
> >   Thanks for the help.
> >   I think this command should work better to give me the unique list of possible candidates (files),
> >
> >    find . -type f -exec fgrep -il 'word-in-thesis' \{\} \; | tee candidate.lis

This invokes fgrep for each file found.  You might want to try

find . -type f | xargs fgrep -il 'word-in-thesis' | tee candidate.lis

or if filenames might contain "special" characters (things that you would
have to quote when typing)

find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 fgrep -il 'word-in-thesis' | tee candidate.lis

If word-in-thesis is really a word and not a phrase, you don't need the
quotes.

ARIES:  The look on your face will be priceless when you find that 40lb
watermelon in your colon.  Trade toothbrushes with an albino dwarf, then
give a hickey to Meryl Streep.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_