[ltp] Slackware on T42?

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:23:02 -0600

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 11:06, Bob Alexander wrote:
> PS Why don't you try Debian sarge instead of Slackware ? If you have
> a good internet connection use the sarge netinst iso image (around
> 120MB) and then abandon yourself to the luscious world of
> dpkg/apt-get/synaptic :)

I don't always see that as an advantage. :)

Actually if I had a decent hard drive on my new old Thinkpad, I would
have tried Ubuntu this time. I just don't have enough space to dual-
boot.

Which reminds me ... do you know how to get the Ubuntu Live CD to boot
on a Thinkpad? Mine (600X, 2645-9FU) boots the Ubuntu install CD just
fine, but nothing I tried on the Live CD worked. (Checked md5sum of
ISO, burned it twice, tried all the options, every time it crashed
early in booting the kernel.)
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header