[ltp] Slackware on T42?

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:20:55 -0500

> > It you must share data files between the two, you can create a FAT32
> > partition (the only filesystem I know of that both Win and Linux can
> > reliably read/write) but keep in mind that FAT32 is not so reliable so I
> > suggest you run fsck (or Windows diskcheck) weekly.
>
> I'll have to check that out.  It'd sure be nice to get an extra 5GB out of my
> disk.  I'm not really looking to share data, most of the apps that I run
> don't have a Linux counterpart.

BTW...If you have more than one PC at home, I have found that for data
sharing with Windows boxes it is best to create ext3 partitions and then
set up a samba share when you need to share the data.  Of course, this
won't work if you want to access data on the same machine, unless you
run VMWare, but now we're really digressing...