[ltp] Hi to all & IBM R50

joshua timberman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:13:19 -0700

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:48:19 -0600, /dev/rob0 <rob0@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> NTFS support is in the Linux kernel. If Fedora doesn't provide the
> driver in pre-compiled modules, you can simply compile a new kernel.

Recompiling a kernel is time prohibitive to many people.  Simply visit
the Linux-NTFS website,

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/

To obtain precompiled modules.  I've used this site for some time,
though it appears they don't have time any more to maintain the
project :(.  See the site itself for more information.

I believe SuSE Professional has NTFS support included by default.
SuSE is probably my current distribution favorite for that and other
similar reasons (mp3 support, ReiserFS and LVM, etc).

--
prepare for down count.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 1.. off blast!